Welcome to the RUN PURE SPORTS – Yahoo Strategies & Top Plays weekly article. If you are not a member, come check us out – SIGN UP HERE!
OVERVIEW OF HOW YAHOO WORKS VS OTHER DFS PLATFORMS:
I have been playing daily fantasy since 2013, mainly on DraftKings and FanDuel. But in recent years, I have added playing more on SuperDraft and Yahoo Daily Fantasy. The biggest benefit to playing Yahoo DFS is the pricing can be a little softer or easier to identify values, which then lets you pay up for the studs on the slate.
Scoring is very similar to Fanduel as it is .5 point per reception or half-point PPR. You will draft 10 positions in your lineup. This includes:
1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 DST
WEEK 18 STRATEGY:
Week 18 is the wild west and is also usually referred to as the “information slate”. We have to base a lot of our lineup decisions based on teams’ and players’ motivations. We must factor in playoff/seeding, player incentives, and player new opportunities. Last year in week 18, I believe Braxton Berrios and Davis Mills registered some high scores, if that tells you how wild this week can play out. So if you see a top player not listed, it is most likely because it doesn’t look like that player will play much or near a full game.
- Jalen Hurts – Q ($40) – Watch this one closely, as Hurts is still questionable coming back from injury. But the Eagles need to win this game to lock up the #1 seed in the NFC and the bye.
- Joe Burrow ($38) – After the cancellation of the Bengals/Bills game, the Bengals are in a tough position. They have won the AFC North, but if they don’t beat the Ravens this week, having a home playoff game would be decided by a coin flip. A major motivation for Joey B and the Bengals.
- Josh Allen ($37) – One of the best floor/ceiling QBs all season and now playing to lock up the #2 seed in the AFC.
- Geno Smith ($29) – If Smith and the Seahawks win Sunday, they can make the playoffs with a Packers loss Sunday night. Lots of motivation here for Smith to finish the season strong.
- Russell Wilson ($20) – Min. price on Yahoo! Looked much better last week and looking to finish the season strong.
- Other QB Plays & Values:
- Dak Prescott ($31)
- Kenny Pickett ($22)
- Sam Howell ($22)
- Joe Flacco ($20)
- Joe Mixon ($24) – Again, the Bengals need to win this game so I’m focusing on RBs with tons of motivation.
- Kenneth Walker ($25) – Same as Mixon – playoff motivation
- Najee Harris ($24) – Same as Mixon – playoff motivation
- Tyler Allgeier ($18) – Continues to get good usage and has scored in two of the last three games.
- Devin Singletary ($14) or James Cook ($12) – If you’re not playing Josh Allen, you could play either Bills’ RB at this price in a game with everything to play for.
- Others – Nick Chubb ($25), Cam Akers ($25), Rhamondre Stevenson ($21), JK Dobbins ($21), Alvin Kamara ($20)
- Latavius Murray ($19)
- Chubba Hubbard ($18)
- Raheem Mostert ($17)
- Eli Mitchell ($14) – listen for news on how much of a potential workload
- Jonathan Williams ($10)
- Choose your favorite Stud(s) – all these alpha receivers are in great spots to put up a ceiling performance. All listed also have playoff/seeding motivation to play for. I’ll have at least one or two of these receivers in my lineups.
- Stefon Diggs ($32)
- J’Marr Chase ($31) and Tee Higgins ($25)
- CeeDee Lamb ($30)
- Tyreek Hill ($25)
- AJ Brown ($31) and DeVonta Smith ($24)
- Others to consider or stack:
- DK Metcalf ($21) and Tyler Lockett ($24) – Another receiver tandem with tons of playoff motivation.
- Garrett Wilson ($22) – QB Joe Flacco should be the starter for the Jets and he’ll still sling it. Could be big benefit for Wilson.
- Chris Olave ($20) – Olave has been getting consistent targets all season and is a rookie stud. No reason he can’t finish the season strong.
- Jerry Jeudy ($17) and Courtland Sutton ($12) – Russ and the Broncos looked better last week. If it continues to finish the season on a high note, this could be a good spot for his receivers too against likely Chargers’ backups on defense.
- Diontae Johnson ($16) and George Pickens ($14) – If you don’t play Najee Harris, the Steelers’ passing game could be very low-owned and could easily put up numbers against the Browns’ defense.
- Others: Terry McLaurin ($22), Jaylen Waddle ($21), Jahan Dotson ($21)
- DJ Moore ($19)
- Greg Dortch ($15)
- Gabe Davis ($15)
- Tyler Boyd ($15)
- Drake London ($16)
- Elijah Moore ($10)
Note: This is an excellent place to look for correlation and stack at least one wide receiver with your quarterback.
- Mark Andrews ($19) – Looked much better last week and needs to perform well in a meaningful game for the Ravens.
- Dallas Goedert ($19) – Like the rest of the Eagles’ offense, they need to win this game so they are very much in play. Only concern is if the Giants are playing a lot of backups and the Eagles are up several scores, you may not get a full 2nd half.
- Dawson Knox ($18) – Like the rest of the Bills’ offense, very much in play with a ton of motivation
- Dalton Schultz ($18)
- Pat Friermuth ($17)
- Noah Fant ($14)
- Tyler Conklin ($14)
- Hayden Hurst ($12)
- Trey McBride ($12)
- Jelani Woods ($10)
- Logan Thomas ($10)
- Albert Okwuegbunam ($10)
- Try to target a player in a high total game to stack up for more correlation or a player with an extreme multiplier in a good spot. Either way, try to target a player that has a good chance to reach their 100-yard bonus and find the endzone.
Each week, I will examine the winning lineups in the large Yahoo tournament to see what strategies worked. Every season can have its own nuances, so we’ll track data to make sure we have an edge on the field.
So be sure to check back every Friday for my Yahoo DFS preview. And make sure to check back on Sunday to see where the experts are at — CORE PLAYS
Article produced by Megs
UNDERDOG – CLICK HERE – USE CODE RUNPURE FOR A $25 MATCH
SUPERDRAFT – CLICK HERE – USE CODE RUNPURE FOR DEPOSIT MATCH
YOUTUBE – Subscribe Here!