Welcome to the RUN PURE SPORTS – Yahoo Strategies & Top Plays weekly article. If you are not a member, come check us out – SIGN UP HERE!
OVERVIEW OF HOW YAHOO WORKS VS OTHER DFS PLATFORMS:
I have been playing daily fantasy since 2013, mainly on DraftKings and FanDuel. But in recent years, I have added playing more on SuperDraft and Yahoo Daily Fantasy. The biggest benefit to playing Yahoo DFS is the pricing can be a little softer or easier to identify values, which then lets you pay up for the studs on the slate.
Scoring is very similar to Fanduel as it is .5 point per reception or half-point PPR. You will draft 10 positions in your lineup. This includes:
1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 DST
- Josh Allen ($37) and Patrick Mahomes ($37) – This seems like a cop-out answer, but both of these QBs have great floor/ceiling combos.
- Joe Burrow ($35) – Burrow keeps heating up!
- Dak Prescott ($27) – The Cowboys need to gain some momentum going into playoffs and it needs to come from Dak Prescott’s arm. Great price in one of the few indoor/non-weather factored games.
- Gardner Minshew ($20) – Minshew is a very capable backup and is at min. QB price. The Cowboys’ defense has been very giving this holiday season to quarterbacks and their fantasy scores.
- Others – Justin Fields ($37), Geno Smith ($32), Kirk Cousins ($32), Daniel Jones ($28)
- Christian McCaffery ($35) – This whole offense runs through CMC. He had 26 rushing attempts and 8 targets last week.
- Derrick Henry ($39) – We know the narrative with Henry vs. the Texans. When they faced earlier this year he rushed for 219 yards and 2 TDs.
- Kenneth Walker III ($25) – Questionable, but expected to play, Seahawks will try to lean on the run as much as they are able.
- Miles Sanders ($23) – Great price and buy low spot for Sanders. With Hurts out, he may get more opportunities and goal-line carries.
- JK Dobbins ($19) – Dobbins continues to be utilized coming back from injury and the Ravens’ offense needs him, as they are lacking weapons. Great matchup against the Falcons.
- Others – Saquon Barkley ($30), Nick Chubb ($28), Dalvin Cook ($28), Joe Mixon ($25), Rhamondre Stevenson ($24), Jerick McKinnon ($22)
- Brian Robinson ($17)
- D’Andre Swift ($15)
- Choose your favorite Stud(s) – all these alpha receivers are in great spots to put up a ceiling performance. I’ll have at least one of these receivers in my lineups.
- Justin Jefferson ($38)
- Stefon Diggs ($32)
- Ja’Marr Chase ($30)
- AJ Brown ($27)
- Amon-Ra St. Brown ($27)
- DK Metcalf ($26)
- Others to consider or stack:
- CeeDee Lamb ($24) – Just like Dak, this could be a great spot for Lamb too.
- Marquise Goodwin ($19) – Will need to step up with Lockett out.
- DJ Moore ($18) – Good price and a good matchup with the Lions.
- Drake London ($15) – London has 23 targets in the last two weeks and is the go-to receiver for rookie Desmond Ridder.
- Others: Tee Higgins ($21), Terry McLaurin ($21), JuJu Smith-Schuster ($19), Darius Slayton ($19), Brandon Aiyuk ($17)
- Chris Moore ($18)
- Jahan Dotson ($17)
- Gabe Davis ($15)
- Isiah Hodgins ($15)
- Tyler Boyd ($15)
- Michael Gallup ($10)
- Nelson Agholar ($10
Note: This is an excellent place to look for correlation and stack at least one wide receiver with your quarterback.
- Travis Kelce ($38) – Always TE1.
- Dallas Goedert ($17) – Goedert is back and could be a good outlet for Minshew against the Cowboys’ pass rush.
- George Kittle ($14) – Way too cheap for Kittle.
- TJ Hockenson ($19)
- Dalton Schultz ($17)
- Chig Okonkwo ($15)
- Cole Kmet ($14)
- Dawson Knox ($14)
- Taysom Hill ($13)
- Noah Fant ($12)
- Try to target a player in a high total game to stack up for more correlation or a player with an extreme multiplier in a good spot. Either way, try to target a player that has a good chance to reach their 100-yard bonus and find the endzone.
Each week, I will examine the winning lineups in the large Yahoo tournament to see what strategies worked. Every season can have its own nuances, so we’ll track data to make sure we have an edge on the field.
So be sure to check back every Friday for my Yahoo DFS preview. And make sure to check back on Sunday to see where the experts are at — CORE PLAYS
Article produced by Megs
UNDERDOG – CLICK HERE – USE CODE RUNPURE FOR A $25 MATCH
SUPERDRAFT – CLICK HERE – USE CODE RUNPURE FOR DEPOSIT MATCH
YOUTUBE – Subscribe Here!