Welcome to the RUN PURE SPORTS – Yahoo Strategies & Top Plays weekly article. If you are not a member, come check us out – SIGN UP HERE!
OVERVIEW OF HOW YAHOO WORKS VS OTHER DFS PLATFORMS:
I have been playing daily fantasy since 2013, mainly on DraftKings and FanDuel. But in recent years, I have added playing more on SuperDraft and Yahoo Daily Fantasy. The biggest benefit to playing Yahoo DFS is the pricing can be a little softer or easier to identify values, which then lets you pay up for the studs on the slate.
Scoring is very similar to Fanduel as it is .5 point per reception or half-point PPR. You will draft 10 positions in your lineup. This includes:
1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 DST
- Josh Allen, $40 – Every time Allen is on the main slate, he always has the highest chance to be the QB1.
- Kirk Cousins, $29 – Revenge game for Cousins! Washington’s pass defense is much worse than their run defense, so this is a good match-up for Cousins & his receivers.
- Aaron Rodgers, $27 – Rodgers’ has the ultimate get-right spot indoors against the dreadful Lions’ defense
- Others – Joe Burrow – $36, Justin Herbert – $34, Kyler Murray – $31,Tua Tagovailoa – $30, Justin Fields – $30, Geno Smith – $30 Tom Brady – $26
- Austin Ekeler, $39 – The Chargers are missing their top two weapons and will need Ekeler in both the running and receiving game against an awful Falcons defense.
- Aaron Jones, $26 – You’ll notice a theme in this article – target Packers against the Lions defense. Targeting offenses against the Lions has been a recipe for success this season.
- Travis Etienne, $27 – He looks explosive and is now getting the full workload in Jacksonville.
- DOnta Foreman, $17 – He was amazing as cheap chalk last week and I’m going right back to him since Chubba Hubbard is ruled out again. Insane price!
- Deon Jackson, $10 – MIN price alert! No Jonathan Taylor and no Nyheim Hines means a full workload for Deon Jackson. He looked awesome in his last start this season.
- Others – Josh Jacobs – $32, Kenneth Walker III – $28, Joe Mixon – $25
- Rhamondree Stevenson – $23
- Raheem Mostert – $23
- Antonio Gibson – $15
- Choose your favorite Stud(s) – all these alpha receivers are in great spots to put up a ceiling performance. I’ll have at least one of these receivers in my lineups.
- Stefon Diggs – $40
- Cooper Kupp – $39
- Justin Jefferson – $35
- Tyreek Hill – $32
- Davante Adams – $28
- Deandre Hopkins – $29
- Others to consider or stack:
- Amon-Ra St. Brown, $26 – With TJ Hockenson gone and D’Andre Swift banged up, St. Brown should be peppered with targets. Price has gone down, and now he has even more opportunity and upside.
- Tee Higgins, $28 – It didn’t look pretty last week, but as Burrow’s WR1 right now, I like this bounce-back spot for Higgins as well against the Panthers.
- DK Metcalf, $24 or Tyler Lockett, $22 – Hopefully this rematch with the Cardinals is higher scoring than the last one. If so, both have a good price for this matchup.
- Terry McLaurin, $19 – Tambo cited this in his weekly Tidbits, McLaurin has a 26% target share with Heinicke vs. a 16% target share with Wentz. He has a great matchup against the Vikings’ 29th-ranked pass defense in yards allowed and is likely playing in a trailing game script.
- Josh Palmer, $19 – Herbert’s new WR 1.
- Allen Lazard (Q) – $19 – Rodgers has a chance to get his WR1 back. Watch for injury news Sunday morning.
- Others to consider or stack: Jaylen Waddle – $26, Gabe Davis – $24, Mike Evans – $23
Note: This is an excellent place to look for correlation and stack at least one wide receiver with your quarterback.
- Chris Godwin – $20
- Christian Kirk – $17
- DJ Moore – $16
- Garrett Wilson – $14
- Kalif Raymond – $11
- Gerald Everett, $18 – Should get a lot of targets with both Mike Williams and Keenan Allen out.
- Robert Tonyan, $16 – Same idea as the rest of the Packers – a great matchup against the Lions.
- Tyler Conklin – $11 – He smashed last week but is in play again in a likely pass-happy game script against the Bills.
- Evan Engram – $15
- Hayden Hurst, $15
- Dawson Knox – $14
- Foster Moreau – $10
- Brock Wright (Q) – $10
- Try to target a player in a high total game to stack up for more correlation or a player with an extreme multiplier in a good spot. Either way, try to target a player that has a good chance to reach their 100-yard bonus and find the endzone.
Each week, I will examine the winning lineups in the large Yahoo tournament to see what strategies worked. Every season can have its own nuances, so we’ll track data to make sure we have an edge on the field.
So be sure to check back every Friday for my Yahoo DFS preview. And make sure to check back on Sunday to see where the experts are at — CORE PLAYS
Article produced by Megs
UNDERDOG – CLICK HERE – USE CODE RUNPURE FOR A $25 MATCH
SUPERDRAFT – CLICK HERE – USE CODE RUNPURE FOR DEPOSIT MATCH
YOUTUBE – Subscribe Here!