Welcome to the RUN PURE SPORTS – Yahoo Strategies & Top Plays weekly article. If you are not a member, come check us out – SIGN UP HERE!
OVERVIEW OF HOW YAHOO WORKS VS OTHER DFS PLATFORMS:
I have been playing daily fantasy since 2013, mainly on DraftKings and FanDuel. But in recent years, I have added playing more on SuperDraft and Yahoo Daily Fantasy. The biggest benefit to playing Yahoo DFS is the pricing can be a little softer or easier to identify values, which then lets you pay up for the studs on the slate.
Scoring is very similar to Fanduel as it is .5 point per reception or half-point PPR. You will draft 10 positions in your lineup. This includes:
1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 DST
- Josh Allen, $41 – Let’s not get cute, I’m fine with the price for the QB that could lap the field with his upside.
- Patrick Mahomes, $34 – Like Allen, I’m targeting both these QBs in the highest total game and best game environment on the slate. Nice discount on Mahomes too.
- Tom Brady, $28 – The Bucs have a high implied team total and if Brady gets more passing TDs this week, then this could be a big ceiling week for him.
- Geno Smith, $28 – I’m done fading Geno, he keeps exceeding expectations and now has a great match-up against the Cardinals in a high total game.
- Others – Lamar Jackson – $39, Kyler Murray – $36, Joe Burrow – $32
- Nick Chubb, $36 – Chubb has a rushing TD and/or over 100 yards in every game this season.
- Alvin Kamara, $25 – Kamara racked up the carries and targets last week and almost double-bonused. I like this Bengals/Saints game as a sneaky game to target.
- Leonard Fournette, $24 – Fournette is another smash spot this week against the struggling Steelers defense.
- Others – Saquon Barkley – $39, Christian McCaffery – $31, Aaron Jones – $28, Rhomandre Stevenson – $26
- Breece Hall – $19
- Jeff Wilson – $19
- Kenneth Walker III – $18
- Darrell Henderson Jr. – $14
- Devin Singletary – $18
- Eno Benjamin – $15
- Hall, Walker, and Benjamin are my favorites in this value tier.
- Choose your favorite Stud(s) – Cooper Kupp – $39, Justin Jefferson – $37, Ja’Marr Chase – $30, and Mike Evans – $29 – all these alpha receivers are in great spots to put up a ceiling performance. I’ll have at least one of these receivers in my lineups.
- Stefon Diggs – $30 and Gabe Davis – $24 – Just as I mentioned for Allen & Mahomes, I have a lot of interest in stacking up this game.
- Marques-Valdes Scantling – $11 – Almost the minimum price for MVS, who has 5-8 targets in the last four games and cheap access to this game.
- Marquise Brown, $24 – With double-digit targets in the last four games and going up against a weak Seahawks defense, I love Brown this week.
- Tyler Lockett – $21 – Same great game environment as Brown, and also has been racking up the targets the last four weeks.
- Christian Kirk, $20 – Kirk burned us last week, but I’m going right back to him against the Colts. He had 2 TDs in their first match-up against Indy this season.
- Allen Lazard, $18 – I think the Packers’ offense will be overlooked, but I can see them putting up a statement win against the Jets. And if that happens, Lazard is Aaron Rodgers’ go-to receiver.
- Others: Chris Godwin – $22, Amari Cooper – $21
Note: This is a good place to look for correlation and stack at least one wide receiver with your quarterback.
- George Pickens – $16
- Romeo Doubs – $15
- Devin Duvernay – $14
- Darius Slayton – $14
- Alec Pierce – $14
- Zay Jones – $12
- Mark Andrews, $29 – Andrews will probably be much lower owned and you can pay up to be contrarian. Great leverage spot.
- Travis Kelce, $27 – He’s not even the most expensive TE on Yahoo and we’re getting Mahomes’ top target, especially in the redzone. This is the modern-day 4 TDs Al Bundy we’re talking about!
- Zach Ertz, $22 – Ertz is a top target on the 2nd highest total game on the slate.
- Tyler Higbee – $21
- David Njoku – $17
- Hayden Hurst – $11
- Zach Gentry – $10
- Try to target a player in a high total game to stack up for more correlation or a player with an extreme multiplier in a good spot. Either way, try to target a player that has a good chance to reach their 100-yard bonus and find the endzone.
Each week, I will examine the winning lineups in the large Yahoo tournament to see what strategies worked. Every season can have its own nuances, so we’ll track data to make sure we have an edge on the field.
So be sure to check back every Friday for my Yahoo DFS preview. And make sure to check back on Sunday to see where the experts are at — CORE PLAYS
Article produced by Megs
UNDERDOG – CLICK HERE – USE CODE RUNPURE FOR A $25 MATCH
SUPERDRAFT – CLICK HERE – USE CODE RUNPURE FOR DEPOSIT MATCH
YOUTUBE – Subscribe Here!