Welcome to the RUN PURE SPORTS – SuperDraft Strategies & Top Plays weekly article. If you are not a member, come check us out – SIGN UP HERE!
OVERVIEW OF HOW SUPERDRAFT WORKS VS OTHER DFS PLATFORMS:
I have been playing daily fantasy since 2013, mainly on DraftKings and FanDuel. But in recent years, I have added playing more on SuperDraft and Yahoo Daily Fantasy. There are a lot of benefits to playing on SuperDraft. The best part, in my opinion, is that SuperDraft offers a Multiplier contest. This basically replaces the salary cap we are used to on other daily fantasy sites and assigns every player a multiplier. That’s right, you can literally draft ANY player, but you do want to take into account the multiplier strategy. This makes it much more friendly and easy to play for players just getting into daily fantasy.
In the multiplier contests, you will draft 8 players on your lineup. This includes:
1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex (NO Defense!)
Scoring is very similar to Fanduel as it is .5 point per reception or half-point PPR. It does offer player bonuses similar to DraftKings. There is a 100-yard bonus for running backs and wide receivers and a 300-yard passing bonus for quarterbacks. All bonuses give 2 additional points. The multipliers assigned to players can be anywhere from 1x-2x and anywhere in between. So take this into account and factor in your projection for each player.
Obviously, each week will be unique in terms of scoring, and where you want to “spend”. In SuperDraft, I am fine with playing some of the top 1X players. Let other people make mistakes by fading the studs. The strategy is to find the right mix and combo of 1X players and players that are in a good spot with a good multiplier.
Let’s look at Week 1 for example and we’ll continue to track the top scorers and multipliers on SuperDraft this season to continue to look for edges. Here were the top scoring players on SuperDraft in Week 1:
TOP PLAYS FOR WEEK 2:
- Lamar Jackson, 1.05X – I expect the Dolphins/Ravens game to be close and these are the type of games that Jackson runs more and can put up true dual-threat fantasy numbers.
- Russell Wilson, 1.15X – After the Broncos’ Monday night woes, some fantasy players may be off Wilson and the Broncos. I am all-in! I think this is a great spot for Wilson to put up huge numbers and make everyone forget about that Monday night debacle.
- Derek Carr, 1.25X – Carr is playing in the highest total game on the slate and looks locked in with WR Davante Adams. This potential shootout against the Cardinals’ weak defense and secondary and the perfect game environment target, especially at 1.25X.
- Others – Carson Wentz – 1.35X, Trevor Lawrence – 1.45X
- Jonathan Taylor, 1X – Taylor is always a threat for multi-TDs and the 100-yard bonus. I like his spot and game script here against the Jaguars.
- Joe Mixon, 1.15X – The Bengals will be facing a depleted Cowboys team and back-up QB. I expect the Bengals to be playing with the lead and Mixon to get plenty of opportunities. He had 10 high-value touches last week in addition to 9 targets.
- Javonte Williams, 1.3X – I’m very high on all the Broncos weapons this week, including Williams who racked up 12 targets last week.
- Others: Saquon Barkley – 1.15X, D’Andre Swift – 1.25X, Antonio Gibson 1.25X, Jeff Wilson Jr. – 1.75X
- Cooper Kupp, 1X – I’m very high on the stud receivers this week, and I’m fine paying 1X for Kupp who can easily be the highest scoring wide receiver on the slate against the Falcons.
- Davante Adams, 1.05X – As I mentioned for Carr, I love this game environment and match-up against the Cardinals. Adams had a 49% target share in Week 1! Insert eyeballs emoji!
- Tyreek Hill – 1.1X – It looks like the Ravens will be without all their starting cornerbacks. The Dolphins had the highest pass rate over expectation in Week 1, and this should be a close game to keep them throwing. Hill is one of my favorite receivers on the slate.
- Courtland Sutton and/or Jerry Jeudy 1.4X – See Wilson and Williams – I love all Broncos this week. So whether you stack Wilson with his receivers, or play them as one-offs, I like both Sutton and Jeudy at 1.4X this week against the Texans.
- Jahan Dotson – 2X – The Commanders’ rookie ran 89% of the routes and scored to 2 TDs in week 1. And he’s 2X! This is an ultimate value play in a game that has the potential to shootout.
- Others: Amon-Ra St. Brown – 1.4X, Brandin Cooks – 1.3X, Christian Kirk – 1.3X, DJ Moore 1.35X, Greg Dortch, 1.8X
Note: This is a good place to look for correlation and stack at least one wide receiver with your quarterback.
- Mark Andrews, 1X – This slate does not have many good spend-up TE options, but I love Andrews vs. the Dolphins and he could easily lap a lot of these other tight ends on the slate.
- Logan Thomas – 1.45X – As I mentioned I’m targeting Commanders/Lions players in a potential shootout and the 2nd highest projected total on the slate. Like the price of 1.45X for Thomas who immediately re-inserted himself as a go-to target for Washington.
- Albert Okwuegbunam, 1.6X – Now I sound like a broken record. I love the Broncos this week. At 1.6X I like the Broncos TE in Wilson stacks.
- Others – Dalton Schultz – 1.35X, Zach Ertz – 1.4X, TJ Hockenson – 1.4X, Tyler Higbee – 1.55X
- Since SuperDraft is half-point PPR, I will often use an RB in the flex. Perhaps I will use a 4th WR if I see a high total game that I want to stack up for more correlation in larger field tournaments. Either way, try to target a player that has a good chance to reach their 100-yard bonus and find the endzone.
Each week, I will examine the winning lineups in the large SuperDraft tournament to see what sweet spot worked for multipliers. Every season can have its own nuances, so we’ll track data to make sure we have an edge on the field and are using the multipliers correctly and to our advantage.
So be sure to check back every Friday for my SuperDraft preview. And make sure to check back on Sunday to see where the experts are at — CORE PLAYS
Article produced by Megs
UNDERDOG – CLICK HERE – USE CODE RUNPURE FOR A $25 MATCH
SUPERDRAFT – CLICK HERE – USE CODE RUNPURE FOR DEPOSIT MATCH
YOUTUBE – Subscribe Here!