Welcome to RUN PURE SPORTS – MLB DFS Daily Breakdown. If you are not a member, come check us out!!!
We just launched a new promo code: NFL15 which will get you 15% off for life AND includes SaberSim. Get in now before the start of the NFL season and RUNPURE with us!
5 pitchers to consider for the EARLY slate:
- Gerrit Cole 10.5K– Top arm by a mile on the early slate. On the season, Cole owns an elite 3.3xFIP while striking out 32.5% of hitters. What has he done for us recently? Just a cool 2.7xFIP and strike out rate exceeding 35%.
- Shane Bieber 9.5K– Bieber should profile well against a Dbacks squad striking out at a 23% clip vs right-handed pitching on the season. He has a long leash as we saw him go 9 innings vs the White Sox and 7 in his last start against the Rays.
- Joe Ryan 8.1K – This guy has had a few shaky starts but I love his skillset, especially in an EASY matchup against the Tigers. Ryan has great placement of his four-seam which generates a tasty 31% CSW% (called strikes + whiffs). He makes for a strong tournament option today.
- Brady Singer 7.7K –While Royals pitching has been an absolute disaster, Brady Singer has been the lone bright spot. 4-3 on the season sporting a tasty 27% strikeout rate all while limiting earned runs. Over the last 30 days, he has been incredible owning a 3.1xFIP and 33.3% strikeout rate.
- Lance Lynn 7.3K– We played Giolito yesterday in this same spot and he got us 20 DK points which was plenty at his cheap salary. The only bat I worry about is my guy Salvy Perez, Lynn should be able to deal against everyone else in this Royals lineup. In tournaments? Yeah, I think you can even play Salvy against Lynn here to get you very different.
3 Stacks to consider on this slate:
- MInnesota Twins – The twins always let us down in these tasty spots. . . HOWEVER, they profile very well against Tyler Alexander who has been terrible recently (5.9xFIP, 5% K-rate L30 days). I’ll trust the data here “one more time. . . :
- Houston Astros – Boston continues to roll out their young prospect, who does appear to have decent stuff but he just isn’t ready yet. He is 0-3, 8.8 ERA and has averaged a 15% strikeout rate while allowing an insane number of walks. Stros should roll here.
- Cleveland Guardians– Dbacks called up Tommy Henry (13th-ranked prospect out of their farm system) and we know how it typically goes for these young arms in their first start (not good). The lefty hasn’t been bad but hasn’t been that great down in triple A. My only concern is the Guardians have a ton of lefties which might make it a decent matchup (outside of Jose Ramirez, obviously) for Henry.
Stop by our MLB playbook 2 hours before lock to see where we landed!! https://runpuresports.com/mlb/playbook/
SIGN UP using promo code NFL15 for 15% off for life