Welcome to the RUN PURE SPORTS – MLB DFS Daily Breakdown, presented totally free! If you are not a member, come check us out !!!
We have a huge 13-game slate on this Friday night. At the time of writing this article the only real weather concern game is Colorado at Washington. Tune into the “Swing for the Fences” show later today for further updates.
Let’s dive into the MLB DFS Daily Breakdown!
Five Pitchers to Consider
1. Justin Verlander, $10,500 (DK) @ Seattle – The 39-year old veteran pitcher has been on an absolute roll and tonight gets a great matchup in Seattle. He has thrown 19 consecutive scoreless innings over his last 3 starts and is 6-1 on the season. He faced this Seattle team back in April in T-Mobile Park and gave up only 3 hits in eight scoreless innings striking out eight.
2. Shane Bieber, $9,000 (DK) @ Detroit – The “Beebs” is just under priced here in this matchup in Detroit. He just faced the Tigers in his last start at home and got the win striking out a season-high 10 batters.
3. Sean Manaea, $10,000 (DK) vs Pittsburgh – Price tag feels a little steep here as Manaea has been inconsistent of late but hopefully that keeps his ownership down. I love him here in a dream matchup at home against an awful Pirates team.
4. Cole Irvin, $6,500 (DK) vs Texas – I like the pitching matchup on both sides of this game in Oakland tonight especially with Phil Cuzzi behind the plate. Cole Irvin isn’t a high strikeout pitcher but I’m not afraid of this Rangers offense and think he should do enough here to pay off this cheaper price tag.
5. Jon Gray, $5,500 (DK) vs Oakland – If you need to go even further and save salary at SP2 tonight I don’t mind going all the way down to Jon Gray here in the same good matchup in Oakland. I think he can get us 12-15 points here which will allow us to get another big bat or two into our lineups.
Five Stacks to Consider
1. Boston Red Sox vs Kyle Bradish (R) – This Boston team has been raking the last few weeks and should continue that offensive surge tonight. Kyle Bradish is coming off back-to-back rough outings against the Rays and Yankees and has struggled giving up the home run ball. Rafael Devers will be a key piece here in your stacks.
2. Los Angeles Dodgers vs Madison Bumgarner (L) – Great spot here for the powerful Dodgers on the road against Mad Bum. Mookie Betts has been one of the hottest hitters in the league the last 10 days. You can stack this Dodgers team up any way but if you want to be different go to the bottom and wrap around a stack.
3. Atlanta Braves vs Trevor Rogers (L) – At this point in the season Mr. Rogers has not been able to duplicate his 2021 form. The Braves hammered Rogers in his last start in Miami giving up 3 home runs and five earned runs in just four innings. Looking for a similar result here in Truist Park.
4. Houston Astros vs Chris Flexen (R) – I normally don’t love to target offenses in Seattle but the Astros power bats vs Chris Flexen have me very interested. The prices on the Astros here are way too cheap and will be overweight on them in this matchup. YorDONG Alvarez and Kyle Tucker are at the top of my list.
5. Milwaukee Brewers vs Dakota Hudson (R) – Really like the way the Brewers bats line up tonight against Hudson who has struggled in his last four starts. I’ll be targeting the left-handed bats here in Yelich, Wong, Tellez and Narvaez.
Come visit us at runpuresports.com – check out the playbook two hours before lock at https://runpuresports.com/mlb/playbook for more information and good luck tonight!