Welcome to the RUN PURE SPORTS – MLB DFS Daily Breakdown, presented totally free! If you are not a member, come check us out !!!
We have a huge 13-game slate on this Friday night. The only slight weather concern is in St. Louis but it looks like it will play as of this morning.
Let’s dive into the MLB DFS Daily Breakdown!
Five Pitchers to Consider
1. Max Scherzer, $10,400 (DK) vs Seattle – Mad Max is coming off a rare bad outing in Philadelphia but I look for him to bounce back in a big way here vs Seattle. He has 39 strikeouts in 30 innings on the year with only 6 walks. If spending up he is my #1 guy.
2. Gerrit Cole, $9,600 (DK) vs Chicago – Right behind Max on my list for tonight is Gerrit Cole in a matchup in Chicago vs the White Sox. Cole has been dominant in his last 3 starts going 2-0, giving up only ONE earned run with 25 strikeouts in 19 innings of work. A great option here on the road.
3. Max Fried, $9,300 (DK) vs San Diego – Fried has been one of the best pitchers in baseball over the last 3 weeks. He is 4-0 in his last 4 starts giving up only 4 earned runs in 26 innings. Over that stretch he has 26 strikeouts and only ONE walk. Until DK prices him up I am going to be interested at this price tag.
4. Eduardo Rodriguez, $7,100 (DK) vs Baltimore – I am listing E-Rod in this section for 2 reasons. #1 he’s cheap at $7,100 and #2 he gets a nice matchup at home vs Baltimore. He is also coming off his best outing of the year last time out, a 3-2 win in Houston when he gave up only a solo home run in 6 2/3 innings with a season-high 8 strikeouts.
5. Sonny Gray, $6,400 (DK) vs Cleveland – Speaking of cheap, I want to offer one more salary saver. Sonny Gray could make things work if you are wanting to spend up on a few more bats. He draws a decent matchup at home vs Cleveland. In his last start coming off injury he was limited to 66 pitches and 4 innings but did strikeout 7 vs Oakland. I would assume he goes longer tonight and at this cheap tag I have some interest.
Five Stacks to Consider
1. Colorado Rockies vs Zack Greinke (R) – We have Coors Field back on the slate and the Rockies get 38-year old Zack Greinke. This will be a hard fade tonight considering the matchup and ballpark. CJ Cron is tied for 2nd in the majors with 9 home runs. He also has 24 RBI’s. Sign me up !!!
2. Los Angeles Angels vs Daulton Jefferies (R) – The Angels have been hot and tonight get one of the worst pitchers on the slate in Daulton Jefferies (1-4, 6.56 ERA).The Angels are coming off a hot series vs Tampa Bay where they won 2 of 3 games and had 9 home runs. I think they carry that momentum over here in a nice matchup on the road.
3. New York Yankees vs Vince Velasquez (R) – The Yankees bats have been hot and until they go in a slump I will continue to play them. Aaron Judge is tied for the major league lead in home runs with 10 (Yordan Alvarez). Teammates Anthony Rizzo & Giancarlo Stanton each have 9. This makes for a tough assignment for Vince Velasquez.
4. Minnesota Twins vs Aaron Civale (R) – The Guardians 26-year old right-hander has struggled so far this year in his 5 previous starts. He has given up 21 earned runs in only 20 innings. Byron Buxton is an elite play here leading off for the Twins.
5. New York Mets vs Marco Gonzales (L) – Really like the Mets right-handed power bats here vs Marco Gonzales. The lefty has already given up 8 home runs on the year in only 25 innings of work. Give me Pete Alonso & company here in Citi Field.
Come visit us at runpuresports.com – check out the playbook two hours before lock at https://runpuresports.com/mlb/playbook for more information and good luck tonight!