Euro Cup Group Stage – Group F
France, Portugal, Germany, and Hungary make up Group F, with France being the favourite to win the group at odds of (+140).
France (Group F) – what you need to know.
· France have reached the Final in 5 of their last 11 major tournaments, including winning the 2018 World Cup.
· France qualified for the Euros with 8 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss, and a +19 goal differential in 10 qualifying matches.
· France scored 10 of their 25 goals in qualifying from set pieces.
· France allowed the fewest shots on target in qualification out of all the nations in Europe.
· France will have most of their World Cup roster starting XI available for the Euros with the bonus addition of Karim Benzema who was not on the France squad in 2018. Benzema is coming off a season with Real Madrid in which he scored 30 goals and added 10 assists in 45 matches he started for the Spanish club.
France betting leans:
Germany (Group F) – what you need to know.
· Germany recorded 7 wins, 0 draws, 1 loss in 8 qualifying matches while scoring 30 goals and conceding 7.
· Germany have conceded 1.38 goals per-game since the World Cup. Group competitors France, Portugal and Hungary have all conceded at a lesser rate.
· Germany have only won 6 of 13 matches in 2020/2021. Germany lost to North Macedonia in March and suffered the worst competitive loss in their nations football history, 6-0 to Spain in November 2020.
· Only Belgium matches have averaged more goals per-game than German matches since September 2018.
· The German backline have conceded in 10 of 13 matches in 2020/2021.
Germany betting leans:
Portugal (Group F) – what you need to know.
· Portugal qualified for Euro 2020 with 5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss, scoring 22 times and conceding 6 in 8 matches.
· Portugal have only lost 4 times in 57 competitive matches under manager Fernando Santos.
· Portugal has scored 3 or more goals in 10 of their past 20 matches.
· Portugal has one of the most well-balanced teams with topflight talent throughout their squad including Ruben Dias, the Man City center back took home the EPL best player award as voted on by journalists and fans.
Portugal betting leans:
Portugal to win Group F (+350)
Portugal to reach Quarter Finals (+110)
Portugal OVER 5.5 total goals (-138)
Hungary (Group F) – what you need to know.
· Hungary has the unfortunate luck of playing in a group with three football powerhouses that have each won the past 3 major tournaments (France, 2018 World Cup. Portugal 2016 Euro Cup. Germany 2014 World Cup)
· Hungary qualified for the Euros via the playoffs. Hungary had a qualification group record of 4 wins and 4 losses in 8 matches, with a -3 goal differential.
· Hungary’s qualification point total and goal differential was the worst of all qualified teams at the Euros.
· Hungary is currently on a 11-match unbeaten run. 7 wins, 4 draws, 0 losses. However, their competition was not the calibre of quality they will play in the group stage at the Euros.
Hungary betting leans:
Hungary to be the lowest scoring team (+500)
Hungary to finish with 0 points in Group F (+175)
Image Courtesy of Imagn.